Herndon Reload is North Central Pennsylvania’s biggest reload facility for warehousing, shipping, and material handling. We can reload all types of building materials, crane mats, vegetables, hay, and more.
How Does Reload Work?
Reloading is a strategy that manufacturers and distributors choose to reduce transportation expenses. Expenses are cut further using a third party, off-site storage area or reload center, like Herndon. A reload center is a strategically located warehousing unit where inventory can be shipped by rail or truck, and then shipped out to customers as needed.
At Herndon, products or inventory are delivered by rail, unloaded from the rail car, and stored on site. When customers need the inventory, they dispatch their own trucks to Herndon to deliver the product to its final destination.
If you are losing margin on your material, reload could be an easy way to get some of that profit back.
Using a rail reload facility can save you up to 30% on transporting your product. In fact, some of our customers have saved as much as 56% by shipping rail directly to Herndon without shipping it to their final destination.
Prices are figured first by the board length. Herndon Reload uses a base price of $5.00 per thousand-foot board for railcar reloads.
However, many factors go into the pricing of a railcar reload, like type of material, storage requirements, and frequency. Some examples of pricing are as follows:
With us, there are no hidden charges. Take a look at what is included in our reload prices:
- Coordination of the arrival of the railcar to our yard
- Complete unloading of the railcar
- Notification to you of arrival of product, detailing what exactly came in
- Storage of your product either indoor or outside
- Reloading back onto your truck
- Assistance with contact with reliable trucks and drivers
- We also unload van trailers or box trailers
- Monthly physical inventory counts